August 31, 2012

Witchcraft + Bondage + Flowers = My Entry for HKYDC 2013

fashion illustration process gif

All week I was scrambling to finish my entry for the Hong Kong Young Fashion Designer Contest. It was strrresssssful, at one point I didn't think I was going to finish; why do I have to procrastinate every single time? I never learn. But I'm all done now and I went into the HKTDC office in Wanchai today to hand in my package. I'm not going to hold my breath, from the little peek I got in their office everyone's looks amazing! I know you're supposed to be all think-positive these days (it's the postmodern thing to do) but I seriously doubt I'm gonna get picked. But anyways, the theme that I chose was Tasseomancy (the fortune telling thing, not the band although that's SO GOOD too, I saw them too long ago at the Poor Pilgrims festival and it was a hazy night of magic. Toronto I miss YOU). I was also inspired by leather bondage gear and by the Artist Lulie Wallace. I liked how the inspiration and theme boards turned out, and if you see a disconnect between those and the final designs it's because I am an idiot and did the designs first and the inspiration board after, WHO DOES THAT? Don't do that. Unless you hate yourself and want to make everything difficult.

tasseomancy bondage witch fashion theme inspiration board.

Tasseomancy, crystals, witchcraft inspiration mood board.

fashion illustration porfolio presentation layout
 
Fashion illustration board, Tasseomancy contemporary daywear.
Do you guys ever enter competitions? Got any tips or tricks to increase your chances of getting picked? Share them with us! Or do you belong in the Bruce Mau camp who think competitions are bad for the soul?

A note if you're interested: MakeAGIF.com was the only site I found where you could make really big gifs and it lets you select all of your images at once, I highly recommend it. Speaking of gifs, here is my favourite gif with a kid hugging it out with his piƱata, little dude is right: violence is never the answer. 

Lastly, if you guys enjoy reading the blog, PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
Thank you for reading and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment