January 19, 2013

Illustration | The Luxe Bohemian Inspired by Loulou de la Falaise and Rene Gruau


Gouche painting of Loulou de la Falaise lounging in her bed in Paris apartment
Pencil, gouache and gold marker.
Here's a new painting I've been working on since I've been stuck at home sick dealing with my thyroid problem (still). It's based on a photo of the fabulous Loulou de la Falaise lounging in her decadent Parisian apartment.

Gouche painting of Loulou de la Falaise process photo with paintbrush and palette
It's a small piece painted on a scrap of recycled cardboard with gouache and pencil. It's much tighter than my usually style and I've outlined most of the figure and objects with a black gouache line inspired by René Gruau.

Hope you like it!

If you enjoyed this post please SUBSCRIBE or tell your friends about it using the Twitter, Facebook & Google+ buttons below.


1 comment:

  1. this is amazing :) loving all the details
    followed you :P
    keep up with your good work!

    happy new year!


    /
    christian | my blog : www.christianyuen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete