November 25, 2013

Tourist in my Own City / Ah Fong Shanghai Wonton Dumplings

Kitty N. Wong / Dumplings. Hong Kong
Yesterday I had lunch at a really cozy spot near my house with a big Matisse print on the wall-- a little dumpling restaurant staffed by women where during the after lunch rush was full of lone diners like myself.

I had the "light meal" set which comes with a bowl of dumplings, your choice of side dish and a glass of soy milk for $39HKD. I opted for a comforting mug of hot Ovaltine for an extra 2 bucks since I'm trying to have less soy due to my thyroid. For the side, I chose the sweet vinegar ribs which were so delicious; tangy, savoury and sweet which went perfectly with the rice cake that came in the dumpling soup.

I read the new National Geographic about the world's first skiers. Since being back in Hong Kong I always ask for a Nat Geo subscription for my birthday, it's like getting a really informative present each month. 

阿芳餛飩
Ah Fong Shanghai Wonton

G/F, 40  Sung Kit Street, Hung Hom. Kowloon.


No comments:

Post a Comment